Day 24-27: Pets Expo at Nangang Exhibition Centre

We were quite lucky to come to Taiwan at this period of time and are able to participate in the four-day event. Pet Expo is held only once a year, and it is the biggest pet products exhibition ever in Taiwan.
Director Yen I-Feng talked about human responsibility to animals and the environment.




There were dogs everywhere in the building and we realized the number of dogs is significantly more than the number of kids. I was pretty excited seeing so many dogs around. Dogs always make me smile J. I miss my dog~
Dogs were treated so preciously that they were transported by their owners using prams, they are dressed up with beautiful clothes and luxurious jewelries, and they are also taken to the spa and saloon for grooming. Martina thinks this situation is crazy and is considered not normal.
Luxuries for pets have been a trend since years ago, and it is common in Japan and the United States. The condition of pets here is almost similar to the movie “Beverly Hills Chihuahua”. The beds for pets are more comfortable than our own beds.
Pets are living a better life than us!

Bathtub for dogs!
Pet Head by Bed Head TIGI
We were at the exhibition to raise fund for the Taiwan Life Welfare and Environment Quality Association by selling some pets products. Taiwanese are quite generous, many animal lovers show pity to the stray animals at our shelter at Lin-Co and are willing to donate a small amount. We do really appreciate their kindness generousity for helping the animals. However there were also many people who ignore us and were not willing to help the animals. Wawa, the Chihuahua was quite useful in attracting people’s attention to visit our booth and to donate to our organization.


There were a few cats and kittens brought to the expo for adoption. Fortunately two cats were adopted and had found their good homes.
Can you believe? I ate dog food! I passed by a booth selling dog food, and there were two chef keep promoting the food and asked me to taste it. They said now owner and pets can share their food because the recipe is formulated for both animals and human. It tastes yummy haha~


I personally do not really agree to over-groom the dogs by colouring, perming, straightening their coat. The chemicals and heat may hurt the dogs and I think the dogs should be kept in the original way, they look beautiful just the way they are. I think over-grooming is like treating the pets as clowns. I would never do that to my dog, he has amazing silky coat and looks so perfect to me.
"Swarovski" Poo Collector! Haha~ this is funny.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shoutout(s)!: